Why get involved?
Why get involved?
So you can make a difference. Our School Association, FPSA depends on a continual cycle of parent involvement. As children reach their final year and leave, so do their parents. The teachers and head support us when possible, but without all your support, we have no FPSA – WE REALLY DO WANT and NEED YOUR SUPPORT.
The FPSA is a mixture of parents that work together for the benefit of Furneux Pelham School. Some are full-time parents, some work part-time or work full-time. NONE of us are specialists in fundraising. Taking an active role with the FPSA is critical to your children’s success, so we’ve compiled a list of 10 reasons why helping the School Association will greatly improve your child’s experience of school.
1. You are vital to the success of the school
• Schools are becoming more and more dependent on their School Associations or PTAs for funds.
• Without the funds raised by the FPSA, your child would not get the benefits of:
updated library books; outdoor play equipment; bicycle shelter; table tennis table; safe staging for school plays; new blinds; discounted coaches for trips to the pantomime or swimming; Christmas crackers and plates for the school christmas dinner; some workshops; welcome bears......
2. It’s TOTALLY flexible!
• There are a variety of small ways you can help and be involved – from designing a poster, photocopying and distributing letters in the school, cleaning up after an event, helping out on a stall…so many ways.
• Giving up just a few minutes of your time to help FPSA is invaluable. If everyone could spare a few minutes a term to help, just think what we could achieve!
• You don’t have to attend FPSA meetings – you can use our contact details to send in ideas for discussion.
3. You’ll feel more connected
• There’s no better way to know what events are being planned, have your say or make new fundraising suggestions, than by offering your help and support.
• You’ll get to know teachers and support staff on a more familiar basis.
4. You’ll be part of a great network
• Every FPSA event is an opportunity to meet other parents in the same situation as you.
• You will be part of a like-minded network of people who all share a common goal of improving the school for all our children.
5. Make a difference
• By volunteering to help FPSA, you’ll be able to use whatever skills you have for a noble cause.
• FPSA strives to establish a supportive and encouraging community for the entire school.
6. We’re not just for mums!
• It’s important to FPSA, our school and our pupils to have dads represented on our committee and to help reach out to other dads.
• Are you a dad with a skill that would come in useful?
7. Be a role model
• By getting involved with FPSA, you’ll show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is as well.
• Your children will see you playing an active part in making their education more varied.
• Getting involved illustrates good teamwork and community spirit.
8. What the FPSA does affects every parent (and pupil)
• Your voice matters – the FPSA is made up of people elected to represent you, so help us to do this effectively.
• Your ideas and involvement can help improve the quality of education for all the children at our school.
• See the smiles on their faces and know that you have played a part in making school a little more comfortable and fun!
9. It’s fun!
• Help plan fun events, socials and get-togethers
• Suggest NEW fun ways to raise funds
• Get your whole family involved!
Our children are only at school for a relatively short time. FPSA events such as school fetes and fairs and camp-outs will be remembered fondly by our children for a lifetime. The equipment and resources the FPSA helps fund, make learning even more engaging. Help us continue to create lasting memories for our children.