Our Ethos and Values
Our Ethos and ValuesTogether we care, inspire and achieve excellence
Through working together as a whole school community, each perfectly unique individual is nurtured and inspired to live out our Christian values, striving for excellence in all that they do.
“As each one does its part, the body grows in love.” Ephesians 4:16
Our ethos and values underpin the children’s spiritual, moral, cultural and social development, both inside and outside the classroom.
- We recognise and celebrate achievement and encourage the children to always aim for their personal best in all they do.
- We recognise and respect all individuals as unique human beings; we will react sensitively to their feelings, respect their dignity and remember they have rights as individuals.
- We foster good relationships within the school and build strong links with parents and the wider community.
- We provide a caring, welcoming atmosphere.
- We provide an environment that is both challenging and stimulating but also gives children security and support so that they are not afraid to take risks in their learning.
- We encourage the opportunity for choice within a realistic framework of acceptable objectives, which promotes independence, responsibility, participation and involvement. We build confidence and self-esteem.
“The Christian values shared throughout the school create an atmosphere in which all pupils are nurtured and able to flourish as unique and valued individuals.”
— Inspector from the Diocese of St Albans